Skincare is not MAGIC!
Your skin problems cannot be whisked away by the fancy bottles your products come in, or the reviews you’ve seen of people who have used these products.
Your skin care needs some TLC (tender, loving, care) and a lot of consistency.
Here’s how long it takes for certain skincare products to work and why your skincare may not be working.
- You do not know your skin type – We cannot overemphasize the importance of knowing your skin type. Knowing your skin type will help you to focus on what products work for your skin. Take a skin type quiz right here and figure out your skin type today !😆
- You lack patience- You are probably jumping from one product to another because someone somewhere made you believe that skincare is magic. Skincare requires time, patience, observation and consistency.
- You are stressed – Stress and skincare are enemies. Stress increases cortisol production from the adrenal glands which in turn, increases sebaceous gland activity to produce more oil and sebum.
- You are not applying moisturizer – If you’re treating acne, it could be drying to your skin. Make sure you don’t forget to apply moisturizer especially when you are using treatment products.
- You may be applying too little / a lot of product – Everyone’s face varies from size to absorbency. However, depending on the type of product, a little may go a long way.
- You are not using sunscreen – Numbers 1,2,3,4 and 5 are all rendered useless without sunscreen. You need to protect your skin from the sun’s harmful rays at all times. Yes ! Even indoors.
With these few points, your skin care journey will be off to a great start.
With all my love,