We didn’t want it to come to this but hey… while you’re at home, there’s no reason why your skin shouldn’t be glowing.
The right skincare routine is the key to improving your mood and reducing anxiety. It’s also the key to a healthy relationship with others, especially now that family time is absolutely compulsory.
So whether you are self-quarantining or practicing social distancing, we all are adjusting to the new normal that is, the COVID-19 lockdown.
Here are some tips on how to get healthy, glowing skin and some product recommendations.
- Cleanse your face as soon as you wake up – Believe it or not, your skin can accumulate environmental debris in your sleep, so it’s necessary to wash them off in the morning. Circulated air from your air conditioner can also kick up dust, mold and other environmental irritants that may collect on facial skin overnight.
- Exfoliate – Dead skin cells can make even the dewiest skin look dull and un-lustrous. We advice chemical exfoliation over physical exfoliation.
- Retinoids – Another culprit in a dull complexion is unevenness. Dermatologists love retinol and other retinoids, which are forms of vitamin A that encourage your skin to speed up its natural turnover.
- Vitamin C – When it comes to brightening up dark spots and pigmentation issues, vitamin C really brings its A-game.
- Sunscreen – The only way to get your healthiest, brightest, most glowing complexion is to protect your skin from UV rays. It may even help reverse aging.
- Moisturize- It may seem obvious, but when it comes to dewy, glowing skin, moisturizing is essential.
This is the time to treat your skin the way it deserves to be treated.
Find some product recommendations below, and get glowing.
Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel Cleanser
Paula’s Choice 1% Retinol Treatment
Paula’s Choice 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant (Salicylic Acid)
The Inkeylist Vitamin C Serum
Retinol Vitamin A Day Cream with SPF 20
Neutrogena Hydroboosts water gel lotion sunscreen.